Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wanted: Japanese Spitz

I never thought I'd say this but I WANT a dog! Not just any breed of dog, but a Japanese Spitz.

My mom and I were on the subject of dogs and she told me stories about the dogs she had, as a young girl, back in the Philippines. Right when I heard this, the mental image that popped up were scraggly street dogs that I used to see when I still lived there, but that image went kaput once my mom mentioned that the breed of her dog was a Japanese Spitz. Curious, I searched it on the world wide web and this is what came up:


Japanese Spitz puppy - Soooo cute! 
 Source
All grown up! - Look at its gorgeous white coat!
Source 

Aren't they soooo cute and beautiful?! Their white fur coat is to die for! I want one!!! And best of all, they're well behaved and they hardly shed! What more could you ask for?

Here's a little trivia about Japanese Spitz (Thank you Wikipedia - here's the link) :
Pomeranian puppy
Source 
  • They are cousins of Pomeranians which is a smaller breed with varying coat colours.
  • Their life expectancy is anywhere from 12-16 years
  • They do not have a doggy odor ... apparently (major plus!)
  • They are the absolute cutest dogs on the planet! (Ok, that wasn't on Wikipedia but whatever. To me it's the best dog)


However, once school's back in session I won't have time to take care of a dog so, for now, I'll keep it on my wishlist for when I get older :)

Do any of you have any cute dogs? Or are you like me and want one really badly? If so, what breed?






No comments:

Post a Comment